Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Krishna Festival

Today was an alright day.

Got up at around 11:30 so I'd have enough time to go to the gym. Went to Fit4Less with my cousins. I showed them a thing or two and still got in a pretty good workout. Took a lot longer than I expected. Much better than our gym.

After that I went to a Krishna festival. I was asking some questions and I realized how little I actually know about middle eastern culture and religion. I'd like to study up on it, but I really don't have the time or patience.

I really don't have the time or patience to do many things at all lately. I think it stems from television and video games. My mind's become so used to experience a great amount of stimuli at a given time. It can't transition well to the simplistic stimuli of reading a book. I've read meditation is supposed to help, though I don't have the patience to that either. Gradual steps I suppose.

Anyways, the Krishna festival was alright. They had some free food and some interesting stands promoting vegetarianism and the like. There were some live performances in which several women danced on the stage. All in all, an alright day.

14 comments:

  1. Meditation is hard to start but once you get it going it actually is one of the greatest things to do, it feels a lot like conscious dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably make time for some meditation :) +followed

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my days are alright. Never anything special anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need absolute calmness and serene silence in order to meditate, just keep at it
    followed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive met a couple of them, really interesting people

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are usually very nice and helpfull people, but their food sux :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Free food!?! You can count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely!
    keep it up +followed

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks really interesting and fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have the same problem about mind :/
    it is bad, i read only one book that i really liked in my life (im 16).

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! The mind is the most important workout of all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Krishna fests are great, picked up some amazing curry at the last one i went to.

    ReplyDelete