Tuesday, September 6, 2011

School

Well, today I moved to Thunder Bay. I'm currently repeating grade 12 for the second time. Most of my friends have moved to various schools around Ontario, so I've decided to move to a different high school in a different city.

I'm taking a 6th year of high school because for the longest time I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life. It's a big decision, and I never really found the time to just sit down and think about it. I've never really ever loved one single thing, I've always just kind of liked a lot of things. I thought for a while that I wanted to get into film production (in fact I was even accepted at Carlton University last year), but then I realized that there's very little money in it, as well as very few jobs.

I finally came to the conclusion that no matter what I do I'll grow to dislike it. So I've decided to let money be the deciding factor and I've chosen to become a doctor. The medical field is interesting enough, and there's plenty of jobs all around. Not to mention the pay is good.

So the plan now is to take another year of high school, getting the necessary prerequisites while upgrading my marks for some other classes. It's unfortunate that it's taking me two extra years, but better late than never.

19 comments:

  1. Good luck with school this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 years of high school? did you stay back or are things different in your country? Med school is a great idea. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you said, better late than never! Some people in your position could drop out and give up, its awesome that you continue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have your plan, now execute, no distractions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been in the same shoes as you. I'm also taking extra high school courses due to the fact that I'm not exactly sure what to do with my life. Well it's also because I planned to take a year of this year but I figured that I might as well learn some stuff since I only work part time. Best of luck to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stick with it. Im sure it'll work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. damn bro, well I wish you good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck man.
    Check me out =) alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope everything goes well for you! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Med school is really tough. Props to you if you've found a niche!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Education never did its best... I'm glad I'm out of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes you just need a change to get things better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just wanna wish you all the best for this new year

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, 4 years of high school were bad enough for me... But I am going into the medical field too, and I can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  15. good luck for your studies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm applying to medical school right now actually! Good luck with everything bro, I'm sure you'll figure it out soon =)

    ReplyDelete